Monday, April 19, 2010

Apologetics is no apology

Thank you Lord for always providing any information we might need, and for bringing what we need to know to light.

1 Peter 3:15 says, "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:"

It is downright terrible that it has never occurred to me to be able to prove to another human being why I have faith in Jesus Christ. Now that God has put this in front of me, I am ashamed at my simplemindedness.

I have just started reading "Evidence for Christianity" by Josh McDowell. Its a really thick book on apologetics. I've only just started to read it, and already I'm being shaken. I am a baby Christian, that is for sure. Its an interesting thing to find answers to questions you should have thought to ask.

So don't ask me for the reason of the hope that is in me, because in my year as a Christian, I have not put this answer together. But shortly, I will give you more then a blank stare...

No comments:

Post a Comment