Friday, April 17, 2009

Timing

I am definitely not one for numerology, but sometimes the "coincidence" of numbers, dates, and time amazes me. I should chalk this up to a lesson in trusting His perfect design. I have always thought about the timing of things..."If I leave now will that put me in line for a car accident? If I leave in six minutes could that be avoided? Or will it put me in the danger zone, where leaving now would have kept me safe?" Its craziness, I know but that's how it goes in my head.

"That's fate." My husband pointed out. Well honey, you're right of course. (like always:) But I think there is a difference in "meant to be" and the fulfilment of His plan.

My husband and I figured out that the day he decided to leave his ex-wife, was the same day I found out I was pregnant with my son. It was these two things that really turned both our lives toward what would be our future.

I'm certainly not blaming the wreckage of the time in between that date and the time we met on God. The Bible states that God hates divorce. In fact, the Lord speaks in the first person. Which I'm fairly certain does not happen often, so He really means business! (Mal 2:16) I can certainly understand why. But since both of our marriages began under less than loving circumstances, it makes sense to me that our current marriage to each other is the more beneficial one.

I know I have to be wrong somewhere in my interpretation. It makes sense to me, but I don't believe that divorce would be part of God's plan. I pray I will understand the truth one day. I can conjecture that our marriage is God's plan, and we both made poor decisions prior to meeting each other. Continuing with Malachi, I found that the verse prior to Him stating He hates divorce, states (in regards to uniting people in marriage that)He is seeking Godly offspring. This makes sense to me because had either of our first marriages continued, they would not have produced what He intended. (wheew! I feel like I belong on Jerry Springer!)

Well regardless of the "meaning", I can't help but be wrapped in the "bigness" of the situation. Reflecting on the turn of events makes me feel small. My husband would jokingly say, "How little you know!" and he (like always:) would be right.

How little I know. How prideful I am to think that I know what is going on, or that I understand it. Actually the more I think about this, the less I understand it. Thank goodness I can trust in Him; That He knows what is best, and what will be of greatest service to Him. I am truly thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment